Forest Pest Management
- MSU manual number: E-2045
- Prepared by: Carolyn Randall, MSU Pesticide Education Program
- Prepares you for: Michigan Category 2 exam on forest pest management
- Date New: September 2000
- Size: 112 pages, print; PDF format, 2.04 Mb
- Cost & availability: $15.50 or free online. Printed copies can be purchased from the National Pesticide Safety Education Center. The complete text of this manual is also available at no charge in a PDF format by accessing the chapters shown below. Note that the printed manual includes color photographs not found in the PDF version.
Forest Pest Management, Category 2: A Guide for Commercial Applicators
- Whole Manual, minus Appendix E
- Contents and Intro.
- Chapter 1: Principles of pest management
- Chapter 2: Minimizing pesticide impact
- Chapter 3: Application methods and equipment
- Chapter 4: Calibration
- Chapter 5: Forest types in Michigan
- Chapter 6: Disease management
- Chapter 7: Insect management
- Chapter 8: Weed management
- Chapter 9: Vertebrate pests
- Chapter 10: Laws and regulations
- Appendices: Note - Appendix E, Common Vertebrate Pests color photo section, is not included in the online version.
The MSU IPM Program maintains this site as an access point to pest management information at MSU. The IPM Program is administered within the Department of Entomology, fueled by research from the AgBioResearch, delivered to citizens through MSU Extension, and proud to be a part of Project GREEEN.