Integrated Pest Management Academy, Desire to Learn Course
The Desire to Learn Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Academy is an interactive, online program designed to provide a comprehensive and convenient online learning experience. This self-paced course features university experts and a full-service help center with 24/7 technical support and support materials to learn how to easily navigate the course. Current topics include:
- An Introduction to IPM
- IPM Resources at MSU
- Plant Science
- Soils 101
- Identifying and Conserving Natural Enemies
- Conserving Pollinators
- Using Enviroweather to Assist IPM Program Decisions
- Scouting in Greenhouses
- Scouting in Perennial Crops
- Scouting in Vegetable Crops
The course is a combination of videos, resources and interactive content. To participate, a computer with an updated web browser, speakers and internet access are required. Users can complete a systems check to determine if their computer is capable of running the course.
The total cost of the course is $10, payable online at the time of registration. Upon course completion, certified pesticide applicators in Michigan can request 6 credits (1A, 1B, Commercial Core or Private Core). Participants can also print a certificate of completion. Refer to the registration instructions below to create your community ID and sign-up for the course. It may take up to 24 hours for access to the course site to be granted. Contact the help desk 24/7 at 517-432-6200 or toll-free at 884-678-6200 for assistance.
Non-MSU staff/students: Follow the instructions below to register for this course if you are not a Michigan State University staff member or student.
- Create your MSU Community ID and Password (instructions will open in a new browser window): Community ID Instructions.
- Log in to the registration system with your Community ID and Password: Integrated Pest Management Academy Registration.
- Follow the instructions to register and pay for the course. Upon registration, you will receive a receipt and instructions for accessing the course.
Michigan State University staff/students: Register for this course using your MSU NetID and Password: MSU Staff/Student Registration.
To access your online course
After you have successfully registered for the course:
- Go to https://d2l.msu.edu/.
- In the NetID field
- Non-MSU staff: Enter your Community ID (your email address).
- MSU staff: Enter your MSU NetID.
- Enter your password.
- You will be logged into D2L. Click on the Integrated Pest Management Academy course title to get started.
This material is based upon work supported by the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, U.S. Department of Agriculture, under Agreement No. 2015-09785. Any opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this publication are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the view of the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
The MSU IPM Program maintains this site as an access point to pest management information at MSU. The IPM Program is administered within the Department of Entomology, fueled by research from the AgBioResearch, delivered to citizens through MSU Extension, and proud to be a part of Project GREEEN.