Seasonal updates and advice
- MSU Extension News – Plant and pest management advice for Christmas trees. The search at this site includes 2006 and forward CAT Alert newsletter articles.
- Enviro-weather – Weather data for making IPM and other management decisions
- Degree day information for insect pest management with state maps showing typical dates of degree day accumulation. Growing degree day base-50 maps of average accumulation.
- MSU Extension’s Drought Resources
Search for more MSU Extension publications at the MSU Extension Bookstore.
- Christmas Tree Pest Manual – Insects, diseases or other problems of conifer trees, as well as other tree-feeding insects and tree diseases
- Christmas Tree Expert Team
- Identifying natural enemies
- MSU Forest Biomass Innovation Center – Online classroom as well as information on the research conducted at this Experiment Station.
- MSU Forestry Department.
- MSU Extension Bookstore
- AgBioResearch - our partner in MSU research
Quick links to Michigan Department of Agriculture
- Christmas tree inspection and certification.
- Pesticide applicator certification and pesticide laws/regulations.
- Nursery licensing and inspection.
Contacts at MSU Extension
The MSU IPM Program maintains this site as an access point to pest management information at MSU. The IPM Program is administered within the Department of Entomology, fueled by research from the AgBioResearch, delivered to citizens through MSU Extension, and proud to be a part of Project GREEEN.